Saturday 16 March 2019

Another Friday, but no complaints from me

No word from Signal about the Minlogue xd, which was supposed to be available on the 12th. Not that I expected it to be totally on time, but an update would be good. Must check if the cash went out yet.

Yesterday I had my first project which is completely mapped to A4/DT sounds, with half a dozen arrangements created, all of which can be worked on more as all banks have lots of empty patterns and scope for development. Will look at having bridge sections with long ambient static pieces and try linking everything together into one mega set. Would be so cool if it had a tempo slope, but I think I could do something similar with maybe 4-8 rows of shortened patterns, each with a tempo increase or decrease. Could sound cool, the effect it has on delays etc.

Spent Saturday finishing off my Project, doing a purely percussive song, having ambient endings or beginnings. Sometimes a few choices. Arranger was the missing link, no doubt. Should have dug deeper sooner. Need some new drum loops though. I may record a complete performance of all 8 songs, just to see if my hard disk can record all 8 tracks for, like, an hour or whatever.

Book arrived. Will go through tomorrow, probably not read every word again but look at layout and glance at every page for format errors. Text is OK. Cover could be better.






No comments:

Post a Comment