Monday 18 March 2019

Splendid!

Sometimes I dig out my USB stick containing random MP3s and find either the folder that says 'current_amb' or 'current_seq'. I set it going and wander off doing something. Increasingly there are tracks that pop out and cause me to take interest, almost make me take some notes to find the damn thing or whatever. Almost. The tracks I have named sensibly by date are easy but how many things have I called 'work3' or 'pootle' or 'FridayNoodle'? Oh well.

Names matter, hence I can, at least, find all the Headshock stuff cos we have a sensible naming strategy. Because of the amount of stuff I record, my Logic songs are always named by date_workn so in theory all I need do is remember that. But they can be quite long and when names occur, I often only note them as a marker in Logic, or I'll name the MP3 but not which bar it occurs at.

Organisation, that's what I'm saying is a good thing! Hence gonna keep with the named arrangements and themes for the OT projects.

Going on from that, I've taken steps to recover my Virus Polar - it's exactly what I need instead of that borrowed Prophecy for banging notes in with the added advantage of lush pads when I want them. Ideal for the space thing actually although probably too heavy to take (will, of course, sample).
On the space thing theme, I have just saved the projects of my 'daylight' trio (Octatrack, Digitone and Analog Four) which will form the basis of future projects in terms of track usage and so on. Have started a new one for the space stuff, which won't have the Tanzbar attached - I'll replace that with the Blofeld. That way I get mellotron stuff instead of drums. Will be using the Blo only in single mode, so just one sound at once with maybe a couple of pad/drone type things from the A4 as needed. That leaves the Digitone for tinkly sequences and FX - good exercise for programming it some more. Doing Schulzian space music on a sequencer as stunted as the OT has to be a good challenge - would be a doddle on Cirklon, of course. But I realise I can make 8 bar patterns using the Arranger and its loop function, since you can nest them.

This whole standing up thing is making me feel more dynamic again, who knew?

The slimline 'Mutable' modules have arrived and I fit them into the Roland case. Firing up and trying tomorrow as today has escaped me. Didn't fit the tail light as Pat has had the car all day doing horse dentist type things. I worry that she is out too much in the cold and wet but I guess she's fitter than I am. Catching up though.

Novel was available today but I forgot I'd left the old, wordy blurb which would appear as description. And it seems to need html too, so I had to go add some breaks. Updated novel text slightly too, having spotted a couple of chapters that ended with the same lame joke. Kindle version is formatted badly again but seems to be a product of using epub - may try html next time but would rather people got paperback (even though I make only a few pence on that compared to a couple of quid on the kindle one). I wish Amazon would allow you to use the same source for both, or at least accept Acrobat format for its Kindle, since it insists on it for paperback version. Daft.

I think I like my Kindle cover more than the paperback one, but ain't gonna change at this stage.



Tally ho!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment