Saturday 9 March 2019

Busy doing stuff

Have completed first proof of novel, enough to declare this one version 1.0 anyway. I could flesh out more parts but let's see how it hangs together. I've consolidated a couple of chapters, added two fairly substantial sections for background and general plot reasons. I'll do another print and if all looks OK, that's it!
Just saw a brilliant cover done by a friend of mine for his own novel. I guess I already know the cover won't sell mine as my artwork isn't top notch. Pleased to be getting feedback from a new reader who not only likes it but gets it. A relief actually as I'd started to wonder if I was being too, you know, cryptic and difficult. Hiding stuff in banality and glibness can be too challenging for most folks.

Didn't work in the Studio of Light today. Took frogspawn in the morning (a lot actually when you dig in) and then took Pat for x-ray this afternoon.

Ho ho, Ricky Gervais has a new series on Netflix called, wait for it, After Life.


Mine is the colourful one. Great huh?

Yesterday, it being Friday, I completed version 1.0 of my OT/A4/DT project which can be used as a template for any future work on that setup. It includes a number of patterns in each bank, each organised by key (Bank A is in A, Bank B in B etc.) and also features a totally percussive bank (H). I'll continue filling patterns, probably keeping the 16th in each bank as some ambient or transition type. I name each part by the ideal tempo and name some of the DT patterns to indicate their function. All in all, it ain't like working with Colin's sequencers but that's making me work harder to make each track count. Next I want to do a project of gentle/sweet patterns with lots of pads and slow attack stuff which can be useful for the sleep project or any general purpose hippy dippy healing feeling malarkey. You never know.


I took a load of spawn to local pond, still have a lot, probably too much but Pat does like seeing the little frogs. Today, being Saturday, I may try and do more of the Pipe review. Trouble is it keeps stopping working, so I'll have to go see Tony and get that fix done. Unless I dare try it myself...

I really should get my Virus Polar back from Andy. It could sit where the Prophecy does and it's been a while since I played one... wonder how many years he's had it now. Probably doesn't want to part.





No comments:

Post a Comment