Wednesday 1 July 2020

Arseburgers, faff and admin bollocks

That bloody Irish passport is proving a right bastard. Turns out my own birth certificate was not of the sufficiently lengthy type - so I now have to order another. Doing so is a pain too as the website supposedly has sent me a verification code, but of course it didn't arrive. Note to self: hassle the message forwarding chumps, who will do nothing but bullshit me.

I did a word count on the novel today and discovered it's at the 86,000 word mark - getting quite long considering I have my trial scene, jungle hunt and grand finale still to write. The end is elusively bobbing out of my way even though I've been writing quite regularly. Today I might spend the afternoon in the studio though for a break. (edit: I did, pottering with Hydrasynth but as usual achieved very little except scrolling through patches trying to remember them. I made too many during review period so must have a wipe and go back to some basics with it. Ultimately too much button pushing to be a real pleasure to use although it sounds great).

Weird how as the lockdown eases and my time is eaten away bit by bit, I resent every little chunk lost, never to be regained. It's like the end of school holidays coming not all of a sudden one Monday morning but in dribs and drabs. It feels like I have to go back to school for a few hours, then I lose a whole day, then a few days together. I spose I've gotten to enjoy it too much, miserable, insular bastard that I am!

Hamster coming in 11 days, wee man a few days later, for a long weekend, probably a very long one starting thursday night. Must book car in for its service as light been on for a while now. Bloody computer con so it is. Can't say I've taken to that car, miss my old one, but of course that didn't have four doors...

Hey, I'm moaning a lot aren't I? Not as bad as the Spitfire Audio Westworld competition youtube thing though, where I foolishly said I rather liked the winner. 


Today I entertained the idea of swapping my DPO for an 0-Coast. Good thing - 0-Coast is great and self-contained, the bad is that its in Switzerland and I guess the DPO is worth more. Oh and it'll leave a hole in the modular I never use...

Oh the Irish Passport saga drags on. Turns out I never had the right birth certificate - mine is the brief one and they want another version. Tried ordering but the UK site either isn't sending me the confirmation email or it isn't getting through my forwarding service. What a ballache. Almost wish I'd never bothered as I seriously doubt I want to fly anywhere anytime soon. RIGHT, managed to get the verification email by using a different email address - so the forwarding definitely not working. Arseburgers! Car MOT had expired so booked that and a service, plus Pat's too. 

Weirdly deflated, I'm struggling to start any writing this morning, hope my creative bubble hasn't burst. Got a couple of CDs from Pascal, which are fab but make me feel guilty for not sending him some of my tiny store of weed when he was out. I do admire his work ethic too - track after track of high quality, consistent music. My Scottish Suite seems to have gone down reasonably well, as far as I can measure these things, which is mostly guesswork and delusion. Hey ho.

Time for another coffee methinks. And some chocolate for comfort. It's Wednesday and drizzling a bit. I can imagine anyone who happens across this blog is really inspired by it at the moment. Sorry world, I'll try and cheer up for the next one. 


Probably silly to accumulate yet more desktop debris and leave a hole. PRS in a couple of weeks so if there's a chunk of cash I'll buy something.







No comments:

Post a Comment