Saturday 11 July 2020

You'll laugh but...

... almost every time I think I'm getting somewhere with Elektron stuff, I hit against something that makes me 'wtf'. On this occasion I think it might be a bug (one experienced user seemed not to think so but wasn't sure). It's about the CH.LEN parameter which is supposed to set the number of steps before a pattern moves to the next in a chain. Seems straightforward although the manual is somewhat vague. The parm is set in every pattern but it was only added after the 'INF' bodge years ago, which was Elektron's way of not resetting tracks of uneven length. Naturally, since Colin and I thought about this issue years before, I could have suggested a better way. But I digress. The parameter doesn't work. It's supposed to override the pattern's master length when a pattern chain is active - but that ain't happening. 

I raised a ticket but presumably this is nothing new. I'd have thought people used pattern chaining as there's no song mode, no way of making structure except this way. We'll see...

Today I picked up car after MOT/Service/Some repairs - ouch! And two tyres will need replacing in the not-too-distant. 

Saturday morning now. Looking back it's not been a bad week - I have three characters battling their way through a forest and I have started a couple of possible tunes, one in each studio. The DPO/0-Coast swap went well from my point of view - just waiting to hear it arrived safely in Switzerland. Making more sense of the modular end now, oddly enough. Just dropping one complex module I didn't get on with seems to have borne fruit. 

Wee man coming next week. As usual staying for just a bit too long to be a pleasure. So I'll have to park the novel and music for a while, but see what I can do in the early part of next week. 

PRS has produced another good payout. Kinda ridiculous really but it means I don't feel bad about the extravagance of the GR-1 or even the Microcosm should I get the nod that's available. Richard Pinhas recently got one and, as always, I mentally fight not to substitute Dick Penis as his name. Bought one of his downloads actually since I haven't bought any since Heldon days. Have yet to hear anything that comes close to Heldon's Stand By album though.

Looks like I didn't take any pix this week. Sorry. There's this though.

Nothing back from Elektron about their non-functional Ch.Len parameter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment