Monday 7 September 2020

Choppety Chop

 I'm down to 93,000 words and still there's that huge chase and multiple battles in need of a drastic pruning. I keep tweaking but it's still too long and too complicated. I wonder how I let it get so out of control in the first place?

That's mostly been my Saturday. Feels like a day that could have been used better - say to edit some Headshock. Yesterday we listened to Ekcle and Feandra and decided they're awesome enough to package and make into a thing. 



Feeling much better about my length today, fnar fnar. I hacked through the battles and it turns out a paragraph here and there getting the chop helped loads. Probably only chopped 1,000 words but that section now rolls along just fine. Which means the bulk is done - just the few final chapters to go through. 

For a bit of fun I've given each chapter a title. I may not keep them but it does chart the story and show the few chapters that still do essentially the same thing - so are ripe for consolidation. Yay!

Monday evening, decided it's finished. Enough for a test print and readers anyway. Sure I can trim more fat but that may always be true. Dunno when/if we're walking this week. Need to organise tree people, maybe get a Headshock album done if we can get our shit together. Feeling quite dynamic now I've got to good stage with book. 



If tomorrow not a walking day, it's GR-1 time!




No comments:

Post a Comment