Tuesday 29 September 2020

Onwards

 Tony got through the novel - happily he liked this one and sent some useful feedback (typos, spellings). By the time it goes to print it should be pretty good. Cover ideas tossed around with Stephen Palmer - still idly thinking about asking Ben. 
Today I recorded some Synthi noises for Martin. One was a rather cool throat-singing attempt, or thereabouts. Walk tomorrow. 

Dunno when I wrote that. Anyway, it's Tuesday and our walk this week was yesterday, Ward's Stone. It was quite a long one, made longer cos we missed a turn. The start of the path was not clear as quite a lot of work had been done - it's a grouse moor (which aren't?) and the place is rammed with little shooty holes and feeding stations. Probably walked 12 miles up and down, up and down. Was wet and misty and today would've been better - but today was no good due to boiler man visit and mum's eye clinic. Hey ho.





I forgot my camera so these are just phone shots. 
Got an idea sent through for book cover but I wasn't really struck on it - too much copy & paste clip art, or so it seems. Oh well. Even my original red skull sketch was more impressive-looking, and that took me 15 mins. 
Weirdly tonight, Pat started on the 'what a wonky year it was' theme. I'm fairly sure she never hears my replies about how it's been the best year I can remember. I guess the fact I've done music I'm happy with, got my novel done in record time, found and fallen in love with the GR-1 and got into a solid walking regime somehow doesn't register. Or if it does, these seem minor things when they are anything but to me. Ah well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment