Sunday 13 September 2020

New Headshock Album

 I say 'new' but that just means we listened through some sessions, decided they went well together and started assembling the best bits. It worked pretty well - most are from 2016 and are amongst those I remember fondly and always thought should be heard. Well, last night I sent the audio to Dean for mastering. It has quite a raw sound this one so I'm looking forward to hearing what he does with it. 

I think we have more too - discovered some sessions from the backup that we'd either not made MP3s of or not filed correctly, or some such excuse. There could well be a sister album. Weather meant to be nice next week but hopefully we'll still find time to consider that, plus record some of the tape/granular ideas that have been kicking around. I recorded some more of that yesterday - and now have the idea of using the recordings as source audio for further granular processing. Might be good to see how far I can take that. I'm already wondering how best to gather all the recordings to use in some kind of live ambient context. Assuming that is ever a thing again.

Our Janet brought us a photo of Jasper expanded to a canvas size to hang on the wall. It's from 2013 and he looks so young. Really thoughtful of her. Wish I was thoughtful some days.

Now the novel is done I'm finding myself at a weird loose end for writing. Almost wrote a review of the GR-1 but I think I'd rather keep it as my secret weapon. For now anyway. I'm thinking of the next book already - it's the full-on apocalypse one so could be a real hoot to write. Much more than the actual apocalypse we're sailing into without, apparently, a care in the world. 

Next week's walk will bring more pix, so in the meantime, here's some from last...





OK, one is some apples in a bucket and another is the cool polaroid Tim took but hey. I may even have posted them before but it's Sunday morning and I'm really just doing this to keep my fingers going. 
It's sunny, yay!

And no, I don't know what the album will be called yet. We toyed with the idea of an old four word one based on the session initials DEFY but I dunno. Much will depend on the artwork created by the arty one of us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment