Sunday 2 October 2022

Inspired heading into October. A wedding, no funeral, Elektron Song Mode

 Yeah I was. Three MS20 pieces, the first of which was clearly the best thing in ages. Notsure I got the best recording though.

https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/ai13-ms20-505-3





Haha, I tried a new option in Videopad, making a scrunged-up image, thus:

Heh, anyway, Elektron brought up firmware updates for Digitakt/Tone adding Song mode - a cut-down version of the Octatrack Arranger and very cool it is too. Unfortunately they moved the pattern name option deeper into the menu system, presumably because they don't use it very much. Tim and I messed with Digitakt and had a right laff. An instantly more approachable, fun device for me than the MPC - probably because it doesn't do anywhere near as much. Can see one in my future. Stocked with my usual set of sample starting points would be very useful indeed. Lost interest in doing the Hacktribe thing to the Electribe Sampler too, still haven't found those fucking MIDI adapter things. 






Wedding was eventful - took Aunt Helen to A&E late afternoon, suspected heart attack. We left poor Janet by herself at the do then turned up after the hospital visit telling her we were going - Pat's decision (she didn't even get out of car to say bye to everyone, left me to do that and invent excuses). It screwed Janet's plans, Damo's plans, rather rude to the bride etc. etc. but hey,what can ya do?
Sunday now, sunny, Pat ill after her latest covid jab. I may drink and write... 



No comments:

Post a Comment