Thursday 27 October 2022

Something's afoot

 Yes, my foot lump sage continues. Got a gel thing that might make walking possible as otherwise doomed to be couch potato. In that vein, I finally wrote the dragon fight chapter and it was pretty straightforward in the end, although didn't go quite the way I'd expected. Still, I think it works as I've written it so that's a result. I have a new section to write because of something that caught me (and my sword chick) by surprise but it gives me an opportunity to tie up one more loose end than I usually would. Soon I can write the sections I've missed, add a tidier ending and it'll be ready to let stew a while before I begin draft #2. It's rare to get to this stage and not fear there's extensive work still to do - more description as usual and I'll attempt to reduce some of the dialogue but hey, all good. 

Got written apology from Westchurch Homes today. On a scruffy bit of paper, much-folded. You can almost smell the bile. Anyway, that's that as far as I'm concerned, we have bigger fish to fry, such as discovering the truth about the drains and culverts and checking the date of the next meeting. I don't know if I should speak again but suspect Pat's itching to have a go. 

Can't remember if I posted owt here but the new album is online. I don't know if anyone likes it but the art looks incredible. Darn, just did a wordcount and the novel is around 94,000 words even as it is now. Hmmm, that's getting back to FAF levels, shows I was into it. ;)

Pat meant to be away a couple of days this week. Should be able to get studio tidied and writing done.


Good response from 1010music today suggesting some specific cards to get to improve performance. Could be my ignorance in just looking on Amazon for the fastest I could find is to blame, hope so. 

Recommendation is the SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB A2 V30. The A2 and V30 are the real difference here, can opt for the 64GB cards depending on preference.

Tuesday and a good one. Pat went south and Broc and I remain. Assembled new bike shed, wrote some novel stuff, did something for first section of THC3B. Finished spagbol for tea and evening promises to be genial. No Matt, maybe he forgot but worked out OK. Only recorded four parts on BB so not sure yet but fingers are crossed, will work it harder tomorrow. Must get some new samples into GR-1 - maybe from 404. 

Need to put a movie somewhere, demonstrating the lack of long attacks on the Udo Super 6. This is a synth that uses the whole first half of its travel to do subtly different fast attacks, all of which are wasted on me. I either want instant and snappy or I want very slow. Yeah, I know, old man problems....



let's try here....


Right, Pat home tonight but it gives me another full afternoon in the studio. I may be some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment