Sunday 30 October 2022

Rain forest frogs, actual rain, October goes out warm and wet. David Hill RIP.

Sober Saturday and I'm rejoicing at yesterday's recordings. Rolled a 2 so it was MS20 and Synthi, which are turning out to be an excellent marriage. No BlackBox on setup 2 so all I have are the 5 tracks of the 505 but that's more than enough for me these days. Sequences by MS20/P3 - P3 probably overkill and I'd really like to get it paired back with the JD-XA, but for the time being, all good. Still the Blofeld to put back, in position the Soma Cosmos currently occupies (that'll go back with System 8, the floor position was effective). I also think we have THC3 A, B and C pretty much done. The Synthi rain forest frog chorus from yesterday, plus MS20 drone should be a good start of D, will see what today brings. 

Should tidy up the last chapters of novel draft #1 so it can sit and stew a few weeks until I pick it up for the quick/ruthless run-through, which will make draft #2. Have some readers who will look at it before publishing this time, which may help make it a better creation. I'm back using semicolons again, have to admit I can't do the abrupt style quite as well as Kurt. Oh well, there's even a gag about it in the text, although I suppose it'll pass most people by, as most of them too due to my ham-fisted writing style.

Sunday, gonna try the original write mode for the BB as 'compatible' is not working well. Guess what - turn off compatible mode and no more errors, at least so far. Progressed THC3D yesterday and will do more today using 404 also. Reading Kim's Korg book I couldn't help notice an error in a diagram explaining multi-triggering. At least assume the ARP2600 doesn't work that way - maybe it does. I can also safely assume he's never played a Korg Delta ;)

Heard that my old friend the poet Dave Hill has died. I can't think of anything worth writing, I don't have the words, maybe later. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment