Saturday 8 January 2011

Good day yesterday, I used the fact I'm between projects to move the studio around (must be spring) so I now have all my live stuff to hand. Seems if I'm to play alone I'll need to take a largeish gearpile, loopers, effects, keyboards. This now includes two main rack cases with the sequencer/Repeater and the JV/Fantom/P25K plus mixer. Stupidly, I forgot to leave a mixer channel for the Synthi and now I have to see if I can double up the Lancet/SH-101 through the Eventide delay and whether that pans them hard left and right, in which case I don't think it'll work. No other aux inputs on that mixer either so will have to rethink, definitely has to be no more than 16 channels or it's getting silly. Really would be daft to take two mixers! Possibly leave the JV out of it?
I have everything in sync (except Repeater, deliberately) - including the arpeggiators on the Virus, V-Synth, sequencer on the SH-101, KP3 looper and delays on both Eventides. I've got rack spaces spare too so still some flexibility for change. Cirklon ain't as perfect where it is compared to the nice angle in my rack but it's OK, will see how I get on. With a core song prepared and all the stuff I have to jam with over the top, should be quite fine for what I intend. Must see how I can improve setup time though as there's a fair bit of connection to do and break-down will take a while...

Pah, I'd forgotten the Fantom's inputs which I can use. Phew!
Sketched a few track ideas but little progress really. Pat stressing over horse but fortunately all seems OK again so I suspect it's time for an evening of indulgence and music. At least I can relax now all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment