Tuesday 6 May 2014

It's all good

Exciting times, the CDR of Headshock's new album is on the way and it sounds fantastic, really. I am also really glad to drop a 5 min track towards the end that Tim confessed he only thought was OK and the difference between a 62 min album you mostly like and a 57 min album you're proud of all the way through is surprisingly profound. Dean kindly said the production was already good and he didn't have to do a lot - but he sure made it sound a lot better than my primitive techniques have achieved in the past.

My Minimoog is being sent tomorrow, I just wrote to beg it be packed with love - memories of that SK20 still haven't gone away. I'm sure the guy know what he's doing and I'm just fussing as usual. 

Sent in a review this morning and making progress with the others I have in hand ready for more stuff to come. I may even get some music written this week using some of the new sounds I reviewed recently - may as well!

What I'd love to do is dig into the novel since it's at that stage I like best: pretty much there apart from the smoothing. What I do is go through it a chapter at a time in order, streamlining the grammar, deleting anything that slows down the pace or gets too explainy or just is laboured or dull. At the same time I'm looking for cheap gags to throw in, vocab to improve, maybe some topping and tailing of chapters, perhaps even - gasp - descriptive passages. It's still acres of dialogue sat on a wafer-thin plot sat on top of a stupidly complex idea that can barely be seen for the fart jokes. Ah, sophistication wherefore art thou?

Today I also filled the punch-man and gave him a short lesson. I'll probably ache tomorrow being old and feeble now so I didn't overdo it.

Should I add a recent pic? I think I'll loook.....
that's Tim's BTW...

No comments:

Post a Comment