Friday 13 April 2018

New Book

Kim announced Patch & Tweak as a new Kickstarter, so I guess it's official. Hope it will not require as much work as the previous one from yours truly but the signs are good and I suspect it's going to be a very polished thing with little need of me to contribute much. Sweet! Will have a good old chat about it at Superbooth.

Have parked the 'minimal sequencer' album, mostly because I started grouping tracks in folders on my USB stick and realised there are two albums - a minimal ambient and a minimal sequences album. No hurry for me to finish it but what I have so far is cool so something to work on post-hols. Think I'll use the title 'Hiding in Plain View' which I pretty much am these days. ;)

Had a couple of gos at the modular track but realised it was getting too complex for a compilation, where simplicity always wins. It seems I may have the beginnings of a modular/out there album though. Heh.

Had a weird sore foot for almost a week now. No idea what the cause is but trying to rest it and see if it goes away. Also a persistent cold took root after my mum's surprise visit last week. Great. I've become such a sickly bastard by staying inside and playing with modular synths all the time.

All reviews up to date (well, I could write the Plaits one but won't have time for a few weeks) and the DFAM going back today.

Had a surprisingly decent PRS payment, not seen the breakdown yet but it's more than double what I get for a typical quarter. If there were anything cool I wanted, I guess I'd buy it. Maybe Superbooth will inspire after all. Not after more modules though except maybe that mixer and the Natural Gate when it comes.


Have spent a couple of days working on a tune, quite a basic thing but all modular, direct from Cirklon with help from the P3. Uses a few extra mixer channels so I can separate parts out, well into main and sub. Almost there now, may try and record it tomorrow. Uses the Waldorf nw1, one of my favourite oscillators and modules in general. Plus Plaits doing percussion, Plonk doing a cymbal crash, a kick from Picodrums, the Quadnic processed by wavefolder and the AJH filter, zzzzzz, sorry I'm sending myself to sleep. :)
Got hair cut today, pretty short for me. I may pass as normal.
Worked again on the tune. Removed the key element and liked it more.

Saturday morning update: correction, I like it less now. What a prat. Will start over...

No comments:

Post a Comment