Sunday 29 April 2018

Post Hols

Yeah, back from Lanzarote and trying to get my modular track done before I go to Berlin. Trouble is working with the modular and Cirklon is a slow and imprecise business and I really miss my old MIDI modules with P3 way of working. But I didn't want to do just another modular drone but something with sequences... possibly a flawed idea based on my attempts so far.

Holiday was a good break. I read a couple of books by Dan Simmons - sci-fi laced with so much religion you could barf. I skipped chunks of the longer/worse one (Endymion Omnibus) and noticed he slipped in something called 'freecasting' as a means of travelling anywhere in the universe you want. It's not quite bogus focus since there's some 'listening to the music of the spheres' mumbo jumbo involved, but there are similarities. Has convinced me more than ever not to fill stories with acres of obviously pointless prose and keep it lean.

My Natural Gate arrived yesterday - just after review (finally) published and I gave myself GAS (!)






I think that sums it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment