Saturday 1 June 2019

OK, so I relented...

... and brought the Behringer Model D back into the Studio of Light.
I kinda stuck to my 'one in one out' rule by taking the DD-20 away. I wasn't really doing much floaty ambient stuff in there and I needed space on the shelf for it.

I had spent absolutely ages trying to get a decent sound from the Analog Four yesterday and listening back, it's still the weakest, naffest sound in the mix. So I'm not fighting it any more. The A4 can be a single MIDI channel of pads, plus provide an audio input plus delay for the Model D. We'll see how long it lasts this time but it's either that or ditch the A4 completely, with no obvious replacement. It's around now that I really miss my Radias but, like an eejit, I got rid of it when I hadn't used it for a while. Never do this children!
Actually I'm thinking of selling more stuff - the OP-1, the Microsampler to start with. And I know that's probably a dumb idea but they're the things sitting around doing nothing for longest (unless I count that Prodigy that's been in a box for a few years now and the Virus Polar that I got back thinking it'd be a good keyboard only to find its keyboard sticky with fag residue and not working great).

Result. Swapping that A4 track that just didn't work for the Model D inspired whole new thing, probably the best layer.  Very different track to yesterday, sent to Don even before I got unstoned or sober or anything. See what you think >
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/aquamarine-v2


No comments:

Post a Comment