Friday 31 May 2019

The end of May

Which I've been waiting for since she, inexplicably, got handed the job of PM. I think there's one of the hundred or so hyenas hoping for the job who doesn't appear to be a twat. That, in itself, is very surprising. Corbyn continues to be that old man who desperately wants to have a conversation about radishes even though nobody else wants to talk radishes. I still haven't got my Irish passport sorted. I daren't begin to hope it won't be necessary.

It's Friday and I think I should start a new Octatrack project. Keeping the current instrument lineup though so will just copy 'Stars', delete all the samples and arrangements and start afresh. Prob won't need the modular today. New modules arrived for review and was surprised that one of them was the obvious star - not the one I expected. Actually I'd played the 1u version in Berlin but didn't figure it out then. About a minute with the manual and everything's obvious! Oh, I sent in the Pipe review at long last. Wrote it in one go, added a bit of an intro and conclusion the following day, minor edits the next. Quick for me, left in a few feeble attempts at humour that David can keep or kill as he deems fit.

I took a few pix when Tim and I wandered down to the Conti, but since I have an iPhone I can't just stick a USB cable and grab them. This is the one I emailed to myself and it evokes feelings of mystery and suspense. Ish. Can't remember what the others looked like.

Started a track with promise, new project: colours. The first is Aquamarine. With a very tiny tidy up it'll be spot on. Might even leave the wrong notes for now as they are growing on me :) And Don always manages to weave fab stuff around my wonkiness. Good reaction to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment