Saturday 28 March 2020

Housebound... oh well

Still coping bravely two days into my, well, you could call it confinement but actually it's like a normal week but with no feelings of guilt for not going to the gym.

I've worked on a few more Hydrasynth patches - I really must stop doing that as whole afternoons go by and all I have to show for it are  a few more weird noises, admittedly some with Macro definitions now. I'm finding the kind of sounds I wanted - and got some good programming tips from a bank uploaded today which uses the macros quite a lot just for mod matrix depths, rather than as I've been doing for fx and mutator depths and wet/dry. I still keep forgetting to hit the assign button when setting things up so that when I hit the module button I come right out of the macro edit process. Seems to me that should be automatically highlighted when you've deliberately gone into edit but maybe some people like the extra button presses.

Tomorrow I will do something different. Not sure what but the novel ain't progressing and now is really a perfect time. Well, except that today was another sunny one. I set up the punchman ready to hit but then started reading Excession again, lazy git!

Today I rang vet - have to take Jasper to have his mouth looked at. Not good I think.
Sunny day, drank beer, had almost the last of my weed, wrote some novel stuff - combed through a part nicely I think, opening up lots from here. Good how that happens, one of my favourite things actually.
Listening through the gig I did in Preston, actually, now that time has passed, I'm really rather happy with that too.


Good news from Vet about Jasper's mouth lump - amazing to see the place empty with people waiting in their cars to be seen. He has to be the best vet we've ever known so it's a relief to be able to get in.



Can't go wrong with a few 'Jasper in the sun' shots!
Mum still not well, still unclear what with. Has been getting meds via some chemist delivery service and talking to Minerva nurses (COPD) and doc on phone, but frustrating I can't go and visit. At least she's stopped concentrating on her plunging investments.

Have written quite a lot in this last few days, in the generally fast getting-things-done style that really does progress the story, even if I need to go back over it and add some details, breathers and asides. Well, maybe, we'll see how it reads later. Knocked up a weird track for Don, not one of my best, probably too odd and difficult rhythmically, but something because I know he wanted something.

An online friend, hearing of my plight, has offered to send me something to keep my creative spirits alive. People really are rallying round, bless them!








No comments:

Post a Comment