Tuesday 23 March 2021

It's out!

 Yes, the world has been anxiously awaiting my new album and now it's anxiously sorting through the zillions of other albums also released today. What larks! I'm happy with it anyway and have given out a lot of free codes in an effort to be loved, or something.

Bought some nice binocs just in case I ever see a red-throated thrush again. RSPB say: "It is very hard to tell from this image but it wont be a red-throated thrush. This species has only been recorded in Britain once and that was back in 1994." So it can't be because nobody has seen one since then. Oh well. She then suggested a redwing, which it clearly wasn't. If anything it was a steroidal robin but hey ho.

Was up in the night with toothache - first time in many years. Dentist very kindly fit me in today and poked it and made me feel worse, especially when the antibiotics have to be taken three times a day with no alcohol in sight. Fortunately other pain reliefs are available. 

Did some video stuff for the next single and bought a decent editor - Videopad. I plan to make some videos of my own material once this pain goes away. Which reminds me...

Time has passed but I've had toothache so haven't felt like doing much.

The Touche arrived (plus a nice Serge Wavefolder module) and I'm in love. Very sweet for nuanced performance, I have the Toosh connected to the 4 CV buses of my Makenoise case so I can see each axis light up as I play - makes routing a doddle. Moved some modules around in the case as they are now mainly supporting and processing the MS20. Had to remove the Soma FX as it was too noisy and am contemplating ditching the Morphagene as I can never remember what's in it or how to find anything. Maybe I should wipe all the reels and start again. Maybe  should get something simpler like that brown one with the forgettable Celtic name.

Friday tomorrow and root canal work. My old NHS dentist removed the roots when he did my veneers but I think this last tooth was done by the new guy, who makes a lot of money doing it. Anyway, pain to come. Then it's my covid jab on Saturday morning, after which I can hopefully get back to drinking and making merry. 


There's a pic of my wobbly wood. I think I'll go and wobble it now for a bit. 

(This been sat in draft status for a while, dunno why. Losing the plot)

No comments:

Post a Comment