Sunday 28 March 2021

March, wherefore art thou?

 Yeah, seem to have lost track of March this year. Can happen. Friday today and all seems well with the world. About to ascend for some noodling, and to decide if I actually want to flog that Minilogue xd since someone is after it. I should find a way to fit a Blackbox into the Studio of Light as, without one, the place is far less attractive as somewhere to noodle. Alas, the mixer in there is really basic so would need some way to easily capture any instrument - might have to consider the (larger and nastier) Behringer MX-whatever that has been leaning against a wall for a while. I *think* that has a bus I could use. 

Got a couple of review in the latest Audion - not Andy's very positive one but a couple of Alan's usual 'oh it's him' type reviews. I don't seem to be their cup of tea, although this one seemed better than most. I suppose I should listen to Nurse With Wound at some point and find out how far away I am from the ultimate in musical expression. I wrote a poem once:
Nurse With Wound
Dog With Vomit
I'm Going To The Moon
With Wallace & Gromit
I like it anyway. 

The english press don't like Nicola Sturgeon and neither does my wife. 

I weakened and ordered my third Blackox. Decided I want to keep the xd. 

Got a great critique of the novel from John Christian, who doggedly fought his way to the end. My abrupt style failing to hook him though, making me doubt the approach I've all but taken for granted. A lot of my decisions appear flawed from the point of view of a reader, so maybe I'll never improve. 

Got the cover done thanks to Tim who attended to the text, colour and layout. Have sent a proof print but after John's comments, wondering if I should throw it all out and start again. Not gonna of course but it does feel like I'll never improve much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment