Sunday 13 March 2022

Another Friday

 We went back to Harter Fell yesterday, mostly because Google maps had a weird idea of how to get to our planned walk that involved a road signposted 'unfit for cars'. The road that led us to it should have had the same sign - we might have guessed when we had to get out at one point to open a gate. 
Friday today and hopefully a pooch-free afternoon for me. At least I slept through last night, although Pat is still being disturbed by the wee critter. All reminds me of why, since Jasper, I've had absolutely no urge to get another pet. 





Friday and I was chilled and mellow agreeing to watch Broc while Pat went swimming, right in the middle of my sesh at half two.  I contributed a track to this https://thedarkoutside.bandcamp.com/album/various-artists-diary-of-a-madman
- cassette sold out before I could go and buy one (less than 5 mins) but listening through it, it's bloody good and I'm glad to be on it. Feel slightly ashamed that my track was built around the sound of plugging a cable into the SH-101 but hey...    
 

Sunday Broc went down well with mum. Later I got in some good writing, or at least I wrote the bits I'd needed to do for a while, some important glue for the story and its wider connections. Did nothing to uncover any mysteries I might still have in reserve for Jeff. He remains a possible deus ex machina, especially if I can toss it in at low story impact. Good day of smoke and G&T, steak for tea, poopoo peedee.

Monday was largely aimless. Managed a walk and sent in my review. Later something occurred to me that I'd got wrong and so I sent an update. Shows I'm getting past it. I also thought of an update request to Roland that I must send - that when the stereo is decoupled for input that you have a pan control in the mixer. Sunny again on Tuesday, think I'm pooch minding while Pat goes to see Carol - so will try and walk out first thing. This afternoon I should think about how I'm gonna carry whatever gear I take on Thursday for the gig. Don't think anyone I know coming - Dave Rob was gonna but couldn't persuade his mates to hang in a small cellar with humans. Guess I understand that. Still not 100% sure what I'm doing - it occurred to me that I could use the new RC as a mixer and therefore avoid one chunk of gear - probably where the pan idea came from. Mind you would I trust it given it's so new and has crashed once? Probably would be silly to.




No comments:

Post a Comment