Sunday 19 June 2022

Five days of beer & curry

 As Pat takes Margaret to Centerparcs. 

Monday

Went to get beer, bread, tonic water and soup, which should mean I don't need to go into a shop again this week. Took Broc a decent walk so he'd be chilled as I turn Monday afternoon into Friday. Ate rest of the awful takeaway for lunch and sent Alan at Audio some pix to choose for the interview. Had I thought I'd have got Tim to take some studio poses but it's been so long since anyone needed any...


Yes that's a lot of RK Dining's finest, might have gone overboard with a couple of large ones but what the heck. Got the first of several early tracks I did with Andy but misplaced - Lemon Turtles Hurtling. Hope to get more (from Kev Somers), rather good. Afternoon: novel work and jolly enjoyable it was.
Monday evening, it occurred to me, looking at the vast pile of curry, that I might have bought too much. 

Tuesday

Took Broc a decent walk in the morning so he'd be happy - seemed to work well. Ate some of the curry for lunch - only chance of getting through it is if I have two meals a day. Heh. Some rancid shortbread and beer fueled a drone which I've sent to Martin. Seems quite cool, the Lyra adding quite a bit of noise that I think I'll filter through a Eurorack module. Gonna rig up that little mixer too if I can find a 12V power supply. That way will be able to put stuff properly through 505. Weird I actually suggested they put pan controls on the new model. Drone is the same but varied - discovered the Blofeld Shift button is fucked so managed not to save the patch I made (actually lost before recording so made another which wasn't as interesting as the one designed to go witht the mad sequence I did. Oh well. Sun is out now and I'm downstairs keeping Broc company. More novel stuff I think as I'm in the mood.
Splendid day, finished the Life Aquatic, ate curry in the sun, had a walk, all good. Painting tomorrow is the plan with a full 'Friday on Thursday' to round off my four days of mayhem. 


Wednesday

Excellent day. Took Broc a decent walk then painted all afternoon. Small moments of novel and lots of sunny bliss. Listening to old shit and thinking some of it's ok. Phew! Rick's violin begins as I type this, I shit you not!!  

Thursday
Walked before it got too warm, plan to do music all afternoon although it could be a bit muggy. A lot of curry left so divided it between lunch and tea. Bought more beer, but for the weekend when Tim gets back, honest. I still have my two Desperados ready for this afternoon, which should meet my needs. Been a good week, hope Pat has done OK and Marg not too hard to handle. 

Newt pond looking rather manky - no newts around today. I see the tadpole have back legs now so I'll fish out some of ours and compare. Two old gentleman fishing despite the notice it's a wildlife area and fishing prohibited. Had a few choice words but it's the same mentality as Brexit with these old cunts - fuck you, fuck everyone, I'll do what I want!





Will have to clean up the mess before Pat gets back. 

Very good afternoon (Thursday), recorded an ambient thing that stands fine alone but which has lots of space for Martin to weave some of his fine sounds, perhaps. 
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/ambientthang_dayfourdescenttomellowville_ste-084

Broc happy and now chuffed I'm downstairs with him again, will go for a walk when it cools down a bit, Cracking day, did I say that? The extra sacrifice of a dark, hot studio seems to always pay dividends, probly not ideal for slob on beer and curry diet - for a week, honest! I ate like being on holiday on the 'eat and drink and just be adrift. Anyway.

Dunno what Friday was all about, sorry.

Saturday was fab - Tim brought his guitar and we found ourselves at 147BPM. 




No comments:

Post a Comment