Tuesday 2 August 2022

July, July, Time Doth It Fly

 Yeah, another month races to a damp conclusion. We had our two day heat wave and somehow survived. Had a short heavy rainstorm and watched the drains fill rapidly and now we're in a kind of limbo waiting for Synth DIY to come and go so I can begin digging up the decking and seeing what's beneath. Definite signs of rattage still, which is too close to the house for comfort.

I've been struggling with this weird cold Pat brought back from down south. Did almost nothing yesterday and feel pretty lethargic today. With Tony away, hopefully Tim and I will get out somewhere local this week. What else? The novel is up to the point I need to write the big final chapters but I feel like I'm holding back so maybe some pieces aren't quite settled in my head yet. I have to maybe start writing anyway and be prepared to ditch it as the ideas sometimes clarify after I've written them out. 

Still getting the occasional stabbing pain in my ankles first thing in the morning. 



Twas a good musical day, did three versions of same track

Martin in hospital - don't know what's up yet, thought he'd been quiet. 

Saturday afternoon still no word from Martin. Bit of a loose end but had a nice time playing piano. Was gonna tackle MPC but defeated after a couple of aborted attempts to do something.Thought I'd made a kinda starter project somewhere but buggered if I can find it. I'm actually starting to miss the simplicity and functionality of the Mac sat unused in the other room. Anyway, might do some writing.  

Read the Audion interview and review of the Plau recording. Came out OK, which is a relief as I was never sure they liked me very much. Andy G wrote a very nice intro which made me feel rather good as Andy was there right at the start, helping get everyone going with their music collections from his place at Lotus Records.  Anyway, https://audion1.bandcamp.com/album/audion-70-multimedia

Oops it's August now. Colin and Tony coming in a few days so probably no time to scrawl these diary entries. Just hope I have enough weed!  Then it's a long drive to Cambridge, beer, curry and nonsense, such larks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment