Sunday 21 August 2022

Hot stuff

 Sent in my planning objection letter but don't feel great about it. There's no doubt these companies have done these things many times before, each time having a series of stages they automatically shift through, token concessions that are intended to wear out objectors. Paul across the road is rebuilding his drains at the moment - a common thing round here. I blocked part of ours this morning with wire wool but when we do our dig-out and pipe fix, will concrete around the manhole cover. Prospect of all that work not filling me with joy.

Have written off Sainsbury's for most things now - butter has leapt from £1.75 to £2.15, sushi from £5.35 to £6.00. Aldi even have a Desperados lookalike - Bandido. Slightly cheaper and tastes so close I couldn't tell the difference after a few mouthfuls. 

Saturday, hot and trying to summon motivation to do something. Attic not actually unbearable but I don't think I'll be going up there. Maybe do a bit more writing or some painting, been meaning to grid up that black canvas. 

Sunday and another afternoon of writing. It's flowing very well now the end is nigh and I have pretty much all of it in my mind, or at least the outline. Some things will just happen, as usual, but there aren't any difficulties left (famous last words). Lots of short episodes keeping it snappy too, must remember to go back and add a dash more description here and there. 

Tuesday apparently. I seem to have missed Monday this week but never mind. With Tim's help pulled up half the decking and had some good news - the hole next to the drain does not go through to the drain itself - so the debris I've seen doesn't appear related. Not going to try anything other than filling the hole - so no pipe digging and replacement right now. If it's needed in the future then fine. 

Wednesday, another good one - we got the rest of the decking away, Tim a star with a crowbar. Clear plan ahead and good vibes. Sunny, beer, smokes, Tim dropped the lovely bong. Heh. 




Thursday Tony and I attempted a half-hearted walk in the Place Where Rain Lives (Ingleborough). Clagged in, we quite early and came home. 

Friday I did a thing that I spoilt at mixdown by adding OT drums/loops. Can fix though. Saturday was a good Headshock sesh (Vindalonda) with both mixes good enough to use. Having the GR-1 there takes us different places than the Mellotron, plus putting the Microfreak through the RC-505-ii lets me try out a few solo bits before committing to recording. Everything working nicely, although I seem short of one MIDI thru in the area. Will have a think about that. 
Sunday I plan to finish taking down the shed and next week is fixing hols in concrete, sorting proper drain covers and doorsetp, ordering skip and cutting those pieces of decking into suitable chunks. How splendid!









No comments:

Post a Comment