Sunday 30 April 2023

Blimey, normality

 Yeah, the addition of oxygen plus our family chat has led to a normal phase - phew!

Good walk last week around Thirlmere. Sold one of the new Doepfer cases to Matt and used the cash to get an RD-8. I mean, why not? I like the RD-9 enough to justify having both but will probably sell the DRM-1 and Tanzbar, even though Tim will tell me not to. Why do I like drum machines so much?





Oh yeah, I got some new studio lights. And I liked the cup of water at my mum's with the light streaming in. 
Today I moved some holly I'd seen growing near the garage and put it in the corner where the fence is loose. Sent out four copies of the new book, or was it five? Will let it sit a while and try and sort a cover - can't keep paying people as makes no financial sense, then again can't not pay them. Must improve my own art. 

It's Friday and I'm keeping straight as we're going for a meal tonight. I do plan to tinker the the RD-8 though, which arrived yesterday. So what if Colin hates me? ;) First impressions - don't like any of the buttons (plastic or rubber) but it sounds great and comes with no patterns installed (yay). Think it'll do nicely and does sound different enough to the TT-78 so if that ever works again neither will be redundant. All good. 
Oh, this week's walk was good too - pix:




Well now, Saturday's recording sesh sounded good at the time but not sure it's up there with Lionel and Rupert. 









No comments:

Post a Comment