Wednesday, 7 October 2026

October dawns, our single is out and I start writing. Got spot looked at and... oh dear.

 Yeah that does it for September and I begin my first draft of the review. I know enough now and should knuckle down - may try to get it done in a fortnight but if not it can be in the January issue. The single came out yesterday and SOS David found it on Youtube for those who don't have a spotify login. Still surprised my old one works. EMOM last night was a bit shit and one guy was so loud I had to leave shortly after enduring his set. Ears still ringing - when will I learn. Also sent our first pints back as they were off - proper nasty they were. 

Tomorrow it's Harter Fell, the Eskdale one. Not sure if I'm driving. Friday night it's a gig, really must find out who we're seeing. 

Thursday was a hard day, can't say I enjoyed it. Some good pix but very long drive, felt sick, squelched up a hill. Anyway, will have to think about doing these to see if I really want to do every one. Friday I did three things - worked on two MPC / P3 songs.Then played with Atrium and SP-404. Got some nice stuff that I captured into the mixer. Then went to work on review while still slightly stoned. Going to see Monochrome Set tonight with Tony. Review again over weekend if I can. Will try and do the bulk of it 

Spot still on my nose so gonna go docs next week. Pat thinks a cyst. Great. 


Woke Saturday morning with a very swollen right eye. It's been a day or so of discomfort so should've looked sooner. Pat got me some drops. Last few days have been reasonably productive with some MPC work, more testing and fun with the ODD-1 and some writing. Guess I might be showing doc my eye and nose on Monday. Great. 
Happy birthday to me. Spent morning chasing docs to get my nose spot and wonky eye sorted. Did a bit of review work but not a lot. Saw Department S and heard Edgar's repeating guitar solo from Ricochet, never noticed that before. Made a thai green curry but recipe didn't mention coconut milk and it probably should have. 
Wednesday had spot photographed and it's a low grade growth called a Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC). It  does not appear to have the potential to spread to another site in the body so it is NOT considered to be serious or a dangerous skin cancer. Unfortunately, if the lesion is left it will slowly increase in size and can be locally destructive.
So I wait for another email for the next appointment. 
In other news, got my first draft of the review pretty much complete today at only 400 words over my expected word count. I have a few more days at it but may see if I can get it sent Friday and give myself a clear weekend. Pat's away Saturday although there's floor replacement activity in the hallway that is gonna be Friday and maybe Saturday. How come every time she organises the floor to be done it's a bloody Friday? Huh? 
Not walking tomorrow as I wannt work on the review, do some final tests and checks. Guess if the NHS takes too long I can get Tony's lass to take a scalpel to me. 

At least the eye was only a stye. Look proper weary there though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment