Sunday 10 October 2010

Glorious Sunday

A clear blue sky, mum's back feeling a bit better, all is good. This evening I shall work on the set, made great progress yesterday - Cirklon shaping up really well actually and just starting to hint at the vast potential it has. Colin's a fecking genius but I don't want to get him too used to that idea until he's done even more genius things. But I can see where it's going... :)

Edit: a good evening's (drunken) work. I now have 6 songs that I've rated good or excellent with a further 8 in various stages of assembly, all with some highlights, a couple capable of full-auto-playback. Should be more than enough. A few are even in Cm and I've left off the keys most folks seem not to like. Today I'll program a few patches on the Fantom for general playing, do backups of the Fantom card and generally have a last run through, make sure I have good names for patterns/scenes/songs to help me out. Rating scenes and patterns also a good idea. I might knock up a generic "jam patch" with 32 different sequencer patches/effect combinations on the two main synths ready to go so I can demo doing something from scratch. Berlin here I come! Might be worth starting the set with just a Cirklon solo piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment