Sunday 14 April 2013

A gig of randomness and delight

OK, I overran. Didn't dare to slip into Song mode because I wasn't sure I'd saved all the scene status as Man again after trying out the new scene chain test OS. Therefore I had no idea of total played time and when the end of the film came we were miles off the one place we'd planned. In future either ditch all plans or, well.. :)

A few interesting challenges, not least fitting everything into the car on the way home. Scenes as songs is no good though the way Cirklon is now. I struggled to relate the on-screen two columns of scenes to the 16 lit buttons, I think the selected scene should be inverse video on-screen so I have a better idea of where it is. So I selected a few scenes that were totally wrong - sometimes with interesting results. I'm using the word "interesting" a lot, I note.

The vid looked great, what I saw of it. Was hard to hear ourselves clearly and I think Tim struggled too. I filled in, inevitably adding sequences. Often I'd turned the Octatrack down on the mixer but forgot - having to go to the mixer for that one device is shite, frankly when it has a totally unused "volume" knob sitting there.  I'm having a pine for P3/ESX-1 simplicity today.

Got into bed just before two, very tired but content.

No comments:

Post a Comment