Tuesday 9 April 2013

Mellowed out again, over my spoilt brat, insecure phase and back in the appreciating what I've got phase where I'm most comfortable. So what if I'm lowly, I'm a happy lowly! :)

Phew, hate it when I'm miserable so decided not to be. Today there's a new Cirklon OS to play with, I went on the roof to potter with the wobbly aerial, I booked my car in for two new tyres, I rendered the video again with extra scenes and less pratting about.

I should now turn my attention to those tracks I planned to fix and make some progress with the one review I have outstanding. Easy one though so just a matter of time and discipline.

Correction, wound up again. Gig Saturday and my Prodigy throws a sickie! Nasty distortion, suspect main volume pot and dearly hope I can get it sorted in time. Bloody typical! Please let that be it for the month, please, OK? This is why I want good new synths, practically all the Prodigy really needs replacing.
I look around my classics though and I ask myself: how many would have been better with a 2 octave keyboard???

Answer: fucking none of them!



I think my film is gonna be OK. Made it simple, didn't overcook. Enough amazing visuals - that's why I chose it after all!



Korg - wow can those be real. Glad I realised I was being a nob rather than whining.

Afternoon - disaster Prodigy making distorted noise. Suspect main volume pot. Intermittent though. May have to visit Tony before gig. :( Or borrow Tony B's Prod, would miss my mods too much now).

Later, after Tim came Prodigy had behaved. Tim's new synth wicked - put through Digisound filter and even better. Not used that thing for too long. Note to self. Didn't mean to drink/smoke again tonight, not getting work done. Doing the one review I have now, for an hour or so. Planned gig shape. Follows classic symphony actually, maybe a Mahler with the whole brooding gradually growing thing going on in the middle. Right boy, work!

Ahem, pretty sure there was something important I'd planned to write down. Braindump instead. Work!

Wow, quite a day. My 1980-85 vinyl cover looks fab. Some changes to text but very impressed. The 7" will have a best of T&L also, real shame I never found those other tapes. A  feeling there's better material still unused, story of my life though that heh. Guy doing the covers sounds like a sound bloke, or as stoned as me. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment