Friday 12 April 2013

OK, last practice before tomorrow's gig

I shouldn't really call it a practice though. Yesterday we set up the mixers how they'll be and finally compiled the DVD. I'm still tempted to re-render and make it smooth and seamless rather than 3 joined parts but we'll see. It works as is despite Tim's being not quite what he hoped (either not enough or too many Cybermen, I can't remember). I think it looks great.

Interesting how gigs increase music sales - sold 6 albums yesterday, three of which were the live solo gig I did. Also got my PRS, showing most of my money comes from channel 5. That's something I have to tackle next week, put together a better showreel and hit De Wolfe again.

The German guy putting out the old stuff on vinyl has discovered 1981's Tree & Leaf. He likes a lot and wants to get it cleaned up and reissued on CD. Which is nice.

Have been laying off the smokes. Don't think that bong is helping my throat.

Right, time to do something. Frustratingly, I have a pile of new ideas for the Eternity Program but no time to write them down.

Excellent day. Decided on a start piece and an end piece and the rest we'll make up. Recorded a few things just to test the new mixer setup and sounded fine. In fact a few new, cool things made up that I think we're gonna really like. Will be different tomorrow though as a fair bit of sh101 sequencer. Could easily use just two of those instead of cirklon and Perfourmer, wild idea but like the old days when I did just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment