Thursday 17 August 2017

Glad to be not doing...

... reviews of the 'new' Roland stuff. I really struggled to think of anything interesting to say about the TR-09 and there's a TR-08 now for someone to evaluate. Seems that now I've 'let go' I can be content and realise that there is almost no new stuff emerging that interests me. Even a bit. Talk about lack of imagination... yet there are cool things out there. The Lyra-8 continues to delight me every time I touch her thanks to possessing all the necessary attributes of a classic electronic instrument. I wonder if Tony's machine, which will be more powerful, flexible and have a wider sonic palette, will have quite the same wonky magic? From what I've heard so far it will have more qualities associated with a regular analogue synth but with a whole set of alternate thought processes over the top. I'm pretty optimistic it will be groovy. Saving my pennies, fortunately an easy task, although buying the odd little thing, such as the OP-1 aerial.

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/profundis-2
(I may delete this and incorporate into collection 'the night hours' which I seem to have accidentally created from recent ambient stuff)


Wheee - we have a floor! Can't stand on it until tomorrow though. Will have to levitate.
Wheee2 - the finishing off guy is here! Sadly he noticed that some of the plugs that have been fitted don't work. I never tested them all...
Wheee3 - Tony brought my Synthi (and Smallstone) back. Itching to get into the studio and try but I'm waiting for workman dude to be done.
Sent in a review (the only module one I have left) this morning. Got a couple more ready to be sent once I get approval for doing them. Could take executive decision I guess...

OP1 aerial is great - sampled some Radio 3 and made a groovy new instrument within minutes.

And I started using my Instagram. 



No comments:

Post a Comment