Friday 25 August 2017

Friday again

Well, well. Gear4music agreed they cocked up with my MakeNoise skiff so it's going back - times like this I really miss the library as printing the label means a trip into Leyland. Annoyingly, I've seen several OP-1s second hand after buying mine - from Gear4music also second hand, but mis-sold as 'B Stock'. Could have had my money back but was hooked by then... Oh well.

Seem to be getting more interesting gig offers now I've decided not to do any more. Isn't that fecking typical? This one was at a Modular Meets next year and might have been fun, but hey. I agreed to do them a video instead. :)

Got some fun Eurorack stuff coming for review but probably not enough for a column next time, will miss a month. Not ideal if it coincides with Synthfest though.

Recent new music that's good: Gaudi - Magnetic. Surprisingly proggy for the old Dubmeister. Yonder - Pearl Diver is wonderful, a bandcamp discovery. Very ambient and lovely. Headshock - Hooppler is a cracker too. Better than Seacrow, I think, although I've not listened to the old crow as much. Also got Tom Waits' Bone Machine but only played it once so far.

Forcing myself to read my friend's book. I've got past the difficult early chapters with the non-stop poo and pee jokes. I will try my best to finish it. Read bit about the company that publishes it and it seems you don't get any expert help, editors etc. And you have to publicise it yourself.

Was gonna treat the Synthi to some new pins - then discovered they've gone up. A tenner each now!! Feck.

Right, have got beer and I plan to use it!

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/arakazim

Did



No comments:

Post a Comment