Saturday 9 February 2019

Choice, choice, choice!

I'm rubbish with choice. I had this lovely sequencer piece going yesterday and, maybe cos I'm out of weed, I recorded not one but three versions of it. Each time I listened through it occurred to me I could play it a different way. Now I'm left to decide the version I like best, which may not prove to be the third but the second.
Or I may do another today. Thing is, doing a concise version of a drifty ambient track seems like a nonsense. Perhaps what it should really be is much longer, but... ah, darn.

You'll laugh, I ordered a Digitone. I suppose it was always likely, despite the encoders, despite the whole Elektron thing. Stark truth: nobody makes knobby multitimbral synths any more. If Roland had made a module of the JD-XA that would have enticed me but I've been wanting some FM in my life since reviewing the Volca FM.

So there  you go.

Noticed a (nice) review of Bogus Realities on Amazon. Dunno who from but not complaining. Noticed there's a new 'test print' option on the publishing page, so I've ordered one. Will work on the cover in the next few weeks, look for an author pic, and push readers for some response. If I get one or two I'll probably have to settle for that. Anyway, wrote synopsis and set up the basic details - this will be much cheaper than the others as it's significantly shorter. Yay.

Oh, I released an album. 



No comments:

Post a Comment