Friday 1 February 2019

Heh

Did a couple of nice ambient pieces today. Very happy with them. Used Volca FM for strings, did Pipe overdubs and Minimoog too. Lots of reverb.

Asked question today: How weird a world would it be if all the coolest new products of large companies were built upon freely-given innovations from small companies? If this became the norm, where might it lead?

Seem to have a new album 'The Silent Kindgom' almost done, plus a simpler/better idea for novel cover. Good day basically.

Getting a lot of good stuff out of a very simple process at the moment. Indeed, I'm not going to fiddle with it until I have an album's worth. All I'm doing is dialling up P3 banks, pointing them at random KS-4 multis, making a copy then tweaking to fit, playing with any P3 bit that cries out for attention, then recording in a soup of Oto BAM reverb. By recording the reverb and synth separate I can decide at any point whether to dunk the synth into reverb and blur it a bit. Adding Korg Volca FM has helped hugely and I'm trying to keep the recordings largely free of bass. This offers a lovely feeling of space. Yes, its Saturday and I'm chillin off me face.





Apart from Jeremy Hardy dying, a most excellent day.
Did an ambient thing in the studio, codename Taggart. I think that's an ambient album of P3 driving KS-4 with occasional assistance from other gear. Lots of reverb, because.

I listened through. It's cool. I have a thing.

Heh!


No comments:

Post a Comment