Monday 4 February 2019

Some days of free noodling

Yeah, Pat's doing the kiddie visiting so I have a few days to paint, to potter, to poop. We have the wee fellah here at the end of the month so it's that kind of a month planned out.



First sketch of a death mask idea for novel cover. Will paint it when I'm happy with the rest of the image. Fits the idea of 'After Life' although may suggest more gravity than the book delivers.

Well, it's Monday afternoon, I've drunk beer, eaten some ancient (and slightly manky) shortbread and produced a cool Steve Reich-style piano piece. It might prove to be the piano sounds that I ultimately like the least about it, should probably have used Konktakt versions. Anyway, done now on the third attempt (earlier ones had some over-fussy percussive ornaments with excessive tripletting).

The new album will be 'The Silent Kingdom' and it is quite atmospheric I think, possibly due to the megatons of reverb employed. I think tomorrow is painting day. I really need a cover for the book.


Right, been a productive day but it's time for some stinky chilli, Netflix and pootling around aimlessly.


No comments:

Post a Comment