Saturday 23 February 2019

Phew, a knackering few days..

Grandparenting, that is. Which involves waking up at 05:20, letting Pat do the bulk of the work I admit. It's exhausting and relentless but the wee lad is very charming and soon calms down to our pace. Means I couldn't do anything though and I feel so sleep-deprived I told Tony not to come today as I was practically hallucinating.
This year's frog orgy is much smaller, perhaps due to the strange weather, perhaps to the lack of insects and general wildlife. At this rate, in a few more years we'll hardly need a pond at all.







Yeah, that lot of random pix kinda describes my week.
I went over to Manchester to see Dean in action - fab gig. Made me think I should probably have a smart phone though as he was expecting to talk to me on Messenger, as was Keith who I was meeting. I never think of stuff like that. Anyway, I think they're number 9 in the album charts or something, and very well deserved. Nice hanging with Keith's pals, good bunch.
Went to a good gig at Harris, a couple of guys doing music to a German Space film from the 1920s. Sweet. Talked over John's project and will start preparing some space music of my own soon.

Oh yes, went to a Korg thing. Played the Prologue and rather liked it. The Minilogue XD was there but I only heard it demoed - then we had to go to the pub. It sounded great and made me think of getting one - excuse, it'll be useful as a very small thing with effects to do live space music. Hehe.

Continuing going through the novel, on second pass now and making larger plot tweaks - adding stuff mostly (red herrings and extra detail to flesh out some of the thinner chapters). Will be a lot better than earlier drafts.

It's all go. Still haven't started Pipe review, feeling guilty about that!





No comments:

Post a Comment