Thursday 19 September 2019

Friday again

And my Perfourmer II came back with the power supply replacing the old one. Hopefully it won't need fixing every 4-5 years or so from now on. It's sounding just as fabulous as always and I recorded a little thing with it (on Soundcloud if you're interested, although I might delete it before posting this.).

I say 'you' as if I'm addressing an actual audience although I don't expect that to be the case. I mostly write this blog because, at some point in the past, I started doing it. And hey, that's still a better reason than Brexit! Today Terry Christian retweeted one of my tweets. That may prove to be my Peak Twitter Moment. Oh actually I think I got a reply from the sky-gazing Brian Cox once. Yeah, heady circles I know.

I think it's a Light Studio day. I should work in the garden really but I did a bit this morning. That week-old pie I just ate is sitting uneasily on my stomach. I'm giving up with Pat's pie collection now, will have to admit defeat and chuck the rest. Ah, she already noticed they've started going off - wish I had better taste buds. No wonder I love curry eh? Food that gets through!

Yesterday's thing (it's Saturday now)

Wednesday now and we're at Center Parcs. Or Centerparcs maybe. Earlier I watched two stoats chasing each other. I had a pipe then spent 5 minutes trying to switch off my Kindle by pressing its USB socket. Due to the usual cockups of life, Pat broke her toe (she thinks) on day one. Day two they cocked up her takeaway order but the end result was they delivered it all again. So today (day three), I'm having chicken tikka chilli balti with mushroom pilau rice again. For lunch I had the fajitas that villa 112 ordered but didn't get. I've taken some pictures, will add at the end (when I find the cable).

Have had fun with the OP-1 and Digitone. Odd using the Digitone's own sequencer compared to the OT. In face the whole layout, once you start using it fully, is very different to the OT. And this from the same company. Doing sequences with parameter locks works better with this synth engine than the Analogue Four and it really helps that you can just copy patterns and tweak, not worrying about all that A4 kit nonsense. Doing freaky stuff having specific algorithm tweaks combined with envelope changes and operator frequency shifts... yeah. Stuff I don't usually do with the OT because it involves modulators and trial and error. Haven't powered up the Reface yet.

Anyway, all good







No comments:

Post a Comment