Friday 6 September 2019

New OT project day

It's always a great feeling to begin a new Octatrack project. Having filled most of the patterns of my Colours prj it's time for Metals. I have therefore created a new blank proj with no samples in it. My 8 arrangements have been set up as follows:

Actinium
Berkelium
Chromium
Dubnium
Europium
Fermium
Gallium

I'll start working through them in alphabetical order, creating new patterns for my MIDI instruments and sampling new stuff as I go. The project starts from the same point as the last one ended, meaning there are scenes and parts set up already doing the kind of things I often do. This usually proves interesting when applied to the new samples I add and, of course, I change everything as I go. My Analog Four and Digitone also start from the same point the last project left off. Since these are used only as sound modules any actual patterns are blank anyway (apart from the occasional FX change in the A4 which usually trips me up).

A clean sheet then, tally ho! I'll keep the Model D and Blofeld in the same places too as it's a nice mix, even though it means the A4 plays just one part (and provides effects for the Model D).
My OT main encoder is starting to fail so I'll try and order one from Elektron. Yesterday I started work on Actinium and grabbed a nice loop from the Tanzbar, possibly hit on a groovy bassline. Today I might continue on that or perhaps do a nice relaxing drone. The piano piece I started is going nowhere so will leave it for now.
Roland have announced a ton of new stuff but any hope of getting a tiny Juno-6 soundalike is thwarted again as the 'revisit' still misses the polyphony count of the original. So at least Roland are consistent (leaving us with the 'what are they thinking?' question we've been nursing for decades).

The Ideation session is still sounding fab. If I'd cut anything it might be the bit around 44 mins on my quick mix but it's all actually so good I'd be content to put it out as is. That first drone is a killer. Which reminds me, must play the Pipe more.



Must take some new photos :)

Happy Friday!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment