Monday 30 September 2019

Self portrait and the death of machines

Yep, another. Excellent day. Well, yesterday I did a painting. No, I'm not left handed but I paint using a mirror.

Today I did a 26 min track starting with Synthi noise then some Perfourmer and stuff.
Restyler seems to have stopped working. Also, the coffee machine. Woe.
May add overdubs but what I have already sounds nice, until around 12 mins in where I change Cirklon scenes and everything sorta stops. Oops. Need to be more organised, which isn't so easy these days.

Currently working my way through: Mozart letters and Beethoven string quartets. My brain will be expanded by this I hope. The letters, like Mozart's music, are easier on the brain, but I'll stick with those quartets even though I've yet to reach the challenging late ones.

Saturday morning, it's pissing down. I'm pacing up and down hoping the new coffee machine will be here soon. I did a nice couple of (related) things in the afternoon. They're on Soundcloud, at least for now.

Monday. I filled in the stinky pond. Emptied as much of the murky water as possible, until I could be sure there was nothing living in it. Next door neighbour let me have some soil so I carted that until I was knackered. I think I flooded the mouse which lives under the shed as I saw it scampering around later looking quite annoyed.
Accepted a module for review and discussed possibility of another review, of something I'm very interested in. Something worth coming out of retirement to write about, perhaps. Played with modular - the new box organisation is working well, just a few modules moved around but it gives each box a distinct purpose and identity. P3 still the sequencer for the main sequencer box. Then there's the middle box of FX, mixing and modulation. To the right of that is the (mostly) drone box, now rigged up to the Keystep with a single synth voice ready to play (Waldorf module). My small Roland case could be an FX supplement box or a stand-alone ambience generator, rather good. Leaving my MN case with a simplified synth architecture for sampling, all controlled by the BSP. Putting that Doepfer envelope in there was a good move, along with the FM module. The Cirklon end of things is spot on too now,  so much nicer to work without the OT limitations for a change. Right, shutting up now. Oh, I'm up to Beethoven's 6th and 7th string quartets - favourites so far. You have to really listen to this stuff.









P.S. The Restyler was working again yesterday afternoon, phew!





No comments:

Post a Comment