Monday 9 September 2019

Well

It's sunny today and I don't know how many days of Summer there are left. Technically none since it's September but what the heck, I'm showing my flabby belly to the sky and daring it to take offence. Reading an Andy Hamilton book I got from the library and contemplating whether the morning's gardening constitutes enough. I've filled the proper garden bin, the old garden bin and the compost bin and still have piles of greenery, so it'll have to do. I rang Dave and left a message asking if he's still the tree man or whether he's sublimed into a being of higher energy. Hopefully I got the tone right and he'll ring back. Actually, hopefully I got the number right as my message might sound rather odd to anyone who isn't Dave. And frankly that's everyone, isn't it?
I have resisted having a bag of smoke so far this afternoon. And there was only one beer left in the fridge. This may count as one of my healthy days, in the grand scheme of things.

I look at the clock and realise it's 16:00. Another day has gone. Should I worry about losing them when there will be a very similar one along tomorrow? Tony didn't ring, presumably he was less than impressed by my availability - or lack of it - last weekend. The soundtrack for the Killing Fields just arrived, courtesy of tax-dodgers Amazon. I'm playing it now and it's great. Not at all what I expected either, which is always a bonus.

I tried a sketch earlier but it was rubbish. Disconcerting really. Will all my meagre skills atrophy? Spelling going too, I see. It's meager, obviously.

Monday, recorded a really nice drone then mixed other tracks but quite a few in total. Stood up in Dark Studio and felt productive. Plan to watch shit TV tonight, Pat home tomorrow. Drank some Desperado but not both bottles as pissed already :)


The Tree where I almost died. Still significant to me many years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment