Friday 2 October 2020

Friday

 Bandcamp Friday and we put out the new Headshock https://headshock.bandcamp.com/album/sacredblak

I expect it won't appeal to the people who generally like my stuff since it's live jams made in 2016 when exploring the TR8 and Minilogue. Mastering by Dean is fab and Tim did a very cool cover image so perhaps it'll be a grower. So far my old tossed-out 'The Path' is selling a few, which is weird as I put it up for pay-only-if-you-really-insist. 

Had some shocking news from a friend the other day which was another dreadful episode in his life this year. Alas too far away for actual hugs and writing text reveals as many limitations in me as in the medium. Hope he's OK. 

Osmose looks like not being available this year after all. And with PRS due I might indulge in a 1010music Blackbox. As a repository of the audio I'm generating on the GR-1 actually but keep thinking there will be something better along, hopefully with full-sized jacks. It's the same price as an Akai MPC too but I suspect the focus on streaming long audio files will suit me better. A simpler thing so tis.

Gonna do some noodling this afternoon. I moved Tony's analogue chorus so it mushes up the GR-1 (now being processed by that, the Xone analogue filter, Tony's delay, two DD-20s and the OTO BAM). You can tell that's where my focus lies. I also moved in the Microsampler so I can start sampling bits of it to arrange in its sequencer. In that context the Blackbox would seem to make a lot of sense.


One of our better covers, courtesy Mr Rafferty.

Jasper arse not great in the evening. Yesterday evening he shat and I lay next to it without realising. Not Covid, just a generally shit sense of smell.


The sky just now (Friday, 17:30)

I think I did a new ambient GR-1 album. Best leave it on ice for a bit. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment