Monday 19 October 2020

Friday again

I know. What I don't know is how it keeps happening. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Today was very lovely. I did three variations on a piece that could form the basis of a full piece. Really loving that you store the last temp you did in the Digitone. Being able to switch to a new pattern that's 1BPM faster is really cool. Recorded loops in CS, GR-1 which I added to a Digitone piece. 

Saturday morning and I'm thinking I drank both of my Desperados yesterday. Today I might not drink. Caspian (Pat's horse) has Cushings. This is a disease of the pituitary gland and, while manageable to an extent, is progressive and incurable. Vet gives him between 2 and 5 years. So that's a downer, but slightly better than the earlier possibilities. 
At least Jasper's arse worked well today. The steroid plus occasional paracetamol (crushed then mixed with milk and squirted in via a syringe is the optimum way to get this in) should hopefully keep him going. Animals eh?

Missed seeing my mum on Sunday but gave her a lift to the hospital today. It was another farce though - waited for an hour then they just looked at her and said to come back in a month. Makes you wonder what was the point of the first doctor looking and sending her for the treatment. While there I took a photo of myself reflected in the gearstick. Yeah. 

Think we're going up Pendle this week. Need a good workout. In the meantime, here's a photo or two from yesterday...




No comments:

Post a Comment