Thursday 8 October 2020

Raining

 Well, it is. Pat's on a horse thing in some remote place for a few days and she's left me enough food so I don't even need to go out if I don't want to. Actually I'll need dog food and beer so just watching for the rain to ease. 

I think the Blackbox arrives today although it's not tracked so who knows. Woulda got from Rubadub as they use DPD but was out of stock there. 

Oh, here's me in my nice new cardie. Pat's been working on it for ages as her thumbs are really sore these days. It's an awesome labour of love. 


Well, I was getting into the Blackbox when the power went out. Yep, so we'll see what it saved tomorrow when I power up again. Seeming pretty good so far though, easily grabbed a long ambient loop from the GR-1 then various ambient mulch recordings. Connected to bus 3/4 of the mixer so I can grab all sorta of fun stuff and assemble into something. 
The Akai Force finally got its Arrange window update today. Looks really comprehensive - still waiting for the long audio file streaming though, as far as I can tell. 

Pat away, I can play. Looked on BB card - some decent loops actually and some field recordings. Lots of the usual shite but good to find anything I am drawn to. Long recordings worked and saved. Will suss more tomorrow but optimistic. 

It's Thursday now. Yesterday did quite a bit of cool stuff - then lost it to a seemingly buggy 'clean' process which wiped not only the wavs not being used but also half a dozen that were. Felt a bit despondent and gave up for a bit. Was also struggling with tightly syncing loops - there always seems to be a bit of a delay when recording them which, when they loop, introduces definite flamming when played against the source. That and the fixation with 4/4 might mean I only use it for more ambient stuff. 


That's me 'toonised'. No, I have no idea why either. Friday tomorrow. Will either suss out some shit or I won't. Still faffing with basics on BB so haven't tried song mode yet. 






No comments:

Post a Comment