Monday 12 October 2020

Friday frolics

 This is me toonised on top of being toonised. No excuse, I know.

Beer and ambient mush and trying the song mode today. Not touching 'clean' again. No response on the forum yet which is disappointing. OK, it's Sunday now and someone responded - but didn't appear to understand any of what I'd said. Sorta confirms the BlackBox is for the app generation. 

I did get the song mode to record starting and stopping of sequences. It doesn't appear to record the hitting of pads though to trigger clips, so if you want that you need to have a sequence do it. Problem with that is you then lose the toggle mode for manual playing. Still not totally sure how/if I'm gonna incorporate sequences at all. They're useful in some contexts - but maybe not for the generally ambient / drone use I have mostly planned. 
I did really like slicing up long samples yesterday though. I sliced a 128 bar 101 solo into pieces then had a sequence play bits of it back using the 'random' method. Given you can put slices where you want, it's almost like what the V-Synth does in terms of stepping through waveforms. Suspect that will be very useful. Need to try it on even longer recordings and see if it's fast enough to cope selecting random start points in, say, a 30 min section. 

Back to Jasper having a swollen arse this weekend and him waddling around for ages trying to shit. Starting to fear this could be his life from now on and questioning whether that's fair. Not easy. Upping his steroids, gave him some paracetamol and will contact vet in morning. 

Here's a lousy photo of a rainbow. Yeah, not been out much this week. 

It's Monday, PRS is up and - yet again - a good one. I can't understand it but perhaps all these repeats will keep my old programmes going round and round. Wild huh?
I felt a bit at a loose end not having any writing to do - so I started with more tweaks and edits to the novel. I could probably do it forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment