Friday 15 August 2014

Novel published, one day I'll get an editor...

Actually it's not so bad, having released 'From Beer to Eternity' someone who is a proof-reader very kindly offered to proof it for free. So the current version on Amazon won't be the last. Alas, struggling to understand their update process that appears to allow me to upload edited versions and claims they are live etc. but when people order, they still get the original. Working on that.

Anyway, here's the cover, thanks to Kimmo


I've paced myself for work this week, which means the three reviews I have to do before the 18th have been pretty much complete for a while but I tweak each slightly now and then, not quite finishing them. It's an excuse to mess around really. Another.

Have been playing with Paul's Juno6, it's actually exactly what I need in a tweakable poly and a great partner for various effects. May sell some of the other unused stuff and buy one/it. Spent time doing new sequences in the Analog Four, still frustrated by its limitations of copying  patterns seamlessly during play, essential for me but woefully neglected. I really love working with the little box stand-alone in headphones, developing sequences, tweaking sounds, making variations. Now I have a finished project, it's so easy to just go through each bank, wiping all patterns, starting again from the kits there with their performances set up. Having a known starting point is great and I'm programming some cool sounds. Does make me think how brill the keyboard version would be. If they ever change the design so the keys are protected, I think I'll get one.

Finished Breaking Bad. Possibly the best TV series I've ever seen. Will stay with me for a long time as a mark of quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment