Tuesday 26 August 2014

A Day Out

Yes, although this week started with a Bank Holiday, I also took today out to go visit a pal, see his synths, have a good old chat. Got chance for in-depth looks at the Korg Kronos, Roland Jupiter 80 and the Little Phatty. There was a D50 there too and probably the thing I'd have been happiest playing.

Good feedback from new tracks from a man who knows this stuff. Gonna do more before submitting. I know that looks like procrastination but hey, a lot of what I do looks like that. :)

No reviews in at the moment, which is good for work time. Gonna sell a few things I'm not using, the usual purge because I'm getting too much. Was offered my OT back but resisted. Really have not missed it and the RC-505 is doing most of what the OT was doing for me and better/easier. Some of the loops I've made of Cirklon playing various PCM synths using lots of tricks (and SMF import) are really quite wonderful and I could see the OT hampering rather than helping. Would still love a 3 octave do it all synth like a knobby Blofeld or cut-down Nord Wave, if such a thing existed. But my little live rig is looking good, especially as I make more and more A4 patterns/projects.

I can't stop snapping groovy gravestones eh?
Must buy Paul's Juno 6, silly though that probably is.

Today my box set of Vaughan Williams arrived. I must admit to being disappointed by how many symphonies are polluted by the human voice whittering on about something. I blame Beethoven.
Still, some awesome stuff so far. That said, I'm listening to Big Smith Stays In Bed by Stephen Cadman, a favourite from the 80s that I still have on cassette (although managed to find a ropey MP3 someone did of it).

Simple pleasures! Oh, our thing got reviewed. I never really understand these reviews but I smiled anyway.

http://synthsequences.blogspot.ca/2014/08/aeromancy-jam-sessions-vol-2-2014.html?m=1

Finally, if you've a spare 2 hours, here's the gig from Finland. I don't think I'll bring myself to listen to it but the visuals look nice. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxwfL6cfyE



No comments:

Post a Comment