Friday 8 August 2014

Taking it easy cos it's Friday

Hey, I know that taking it easy looks a lot like my regular service but trust me, there are subtle differences. More beer, for a start.
No swimming today cos Pat's doing her visiting the dying thing. So I may get up to mischief in the studio, about time I did something.
Tim still no time to work on cover for 'From Beer To Eternity' so in my stoned state last night I asked one of the Finns, Kimmo, who did the fab cover for the CD I really like. Dunno how much he'll charge. I also started sketching my own version but it's too literal, just not good enough. I need someone who really knows how to do this stuff...
Of the 3 reviews I have to write, one is done, one almost done and there's one to start. Using my pacing method this work could be stretched out another week, although I should write some music using all these new samples/instruments. PRS will dry up eventually if I don't keep producing.

We're still hooked on Breaking Bad. Finished series 4 last night and, though it was late, couldn't resist doing just one ep of series 5. That really is one of the best things I've seen and I know everyone says it. I think quality counts, something I've never quite achieved with my own music and, let's face it, it's too late now. Hey ho. :)

Laptop's hard disk replaced, lost lots but they recovered the docs and pix. Will check old backups at some point to see what mail can be found but started with a clean slate. So I lost lots of addresses and useful emails. Hey ho.

More coffee, I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment