Sunday 23 August 2015

Still Boiling

Sadly I'm not referring to the weather but to the fact we're in the 3rd week of boiling water here. United Utilities not exactly crowning themselves in glory in the efficiency or information stakes.

Liminal Entity is very nearly finished, or at least it's nearly a complete thing you can read all the way through. I have a number of points I can go over and get properly right before turning over to readers. This time I'll make sure it does get read before I publish! It's around 68,000 words which isn't a bad length, I think.

Real proud of Tim who got a prize in a Glasgow art competition and the judge bought the painting. Looks like a cracker too, must make him happier after that shitty BBC farce. Must get him to complete the album cover and put out Electronic Meditation. Trouble is I found a track yesterday I think might fit well on it, maybe a replacement for one of the 'aimless' ones.

Today I'll be writing but as it's my day off it's my own stuff, not reviews. Only one of those currently on the cards and plenty of time to complete it, actually almost done. Giving them chance to squash a few bugs.

Spent the evening bailing out water after blocked drains and instant downpour combine to flood many homes where I live. We escaped - just - but the drains will get blocked again unless people take action. That means preventing gravel from floating from your drive and into the road, that means thinking about the water table when concreting your drive, that means a bit of - dare I say it - social responsibility. Yes, humping wheelie bins full of water can bring out the grumpy old man.

Today I believe our Dawn is giving birth. I have to stay sober in case I need to go hold the baby or take vital supplies. Hey ho. Update: birth happened, I'm officially a 'gramps'. Today I can drink beer again :)










No comments:

Post a Comment