Wednesday 5 August 2015

Work and precious little sunshine

August is summer's last chance but I'm not holding out too many hopes for anything different. After last year's glorious summer we're back to intermittent rain, cloud, muggy warmth alternating with chills. I suppose it is helping me get work done but isn't doing much for my spirit.

Was pleasantly surprised to be asked to contribute another Bollywood track and did so, knocking one out in an afternoon that the lib liked. I do enjoy those though, Bollywood has lots of scope for dramatic, melodramatic, melancholy and mayhem, all with extra cheese. Right up my alley basically. It also let me do lots of manual playing amongst the loops. Having done that I'm back to reviewing mode, one cool thing one I'm not quite so impressed with. Battling bugs in both, but that seems to be the way these days. Two OS updates for the cool thing, one for the not-so-cool thing. Sorry for being vague but best I keep these rambling notes as no-spoilers.

I'm heading off to Leeds next Saturday (15th) for Modular Meets The Elektrons. Should be a hoot, picking up Paul on the way. Let's hope there aren't lots of tempting modules on sale...

Recorded more Headshock material, now featuring Tim sequencing stuff with his P3. Sequencing a Minimoog and JP6 means some pretty cool new tunes although when we'll get the album out I have no idea. Tempted not to spend much (modules are calling) and do another CDR but that feels a bit limp. Still, WTF.

Annoyingly, the backlight has died on Cirklon #002. So it's a torch on the job until I see Colin next or go visit Tony to get my ESX-1 with its super-duper new main encoder. Arse.


No comments:

Post a Comment