Saturday 29 August 2015

Tinkling the white plastics

Well, ivories would be soooo wrong. And anyway, we need it all for chinese fertility medicine, right? No, I have no idea either. I spent a lovely afternoon just playing, been ages since I did that. Very, very enjoyable even though I'm rusty as hell. I may, possibly, have concentrated on the machines too much, or even to the exclusion of all else. Or noodling on monosynths, which is usually as much about knobbing than keying. Will never be a concert pianist but I sure do like the piano. Will never be Peter Bardens, but I'm partial to a bit of organ too. :)

This evening I ordered a couple of albums, more Popol Vuh and a Moebius on vinyl. Well, why not? I feel in my love for the music of Cluster and Roedelius I've neglected poor Moebius and feel guilty I'm appreciating him now he's dead. Still better late than never eh?

I listened to an album today that I'd been indifferent to when I first got it. I'd tell you what it was but I can't remember, sorta dark ambient plodding technoish stuff. Not selling it am I? Hold on, I'll go look and write it down. See what a service I perform... it's....Porter Ricks : Biokinetics.

Hey, it's Friday and I/m slightly drunk it has to be said. Tim and I got an hour's of music today, gonna put on the CD when we go to bed later. We being Pat and I, not Tim and I heheh. Not explaining myself well. Some really cool music happened,

Possible Mutable Instruments Clouds sighting for next week :)
Yes, in fact I ordered one despite promising myself to hold off on the euro for a while. Now I'm skint again. Idiot!

Tim has a lovely Analog Keys. I predict great things from it and him. And us.

Another session with Tim today. Then curry. Pat really is incredibly tolerant, she even volunteered to drive him back later so we can drink all day. In other news, some twat nicked the milk off our doorstep this morning, a first.





Sorry, thought I'd taken some interesting photos but perhaps not. Tim took some yesterday so perhaps they'll turn up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment